Monday, September 15, 2014

Cutting Grass

It's a simple plan. I have a horse I want to fatten up before winter, and unfenced wetlands filled with canary grass. Most days I drive up to the power lines, down to the wet area, and cut treats for the Arab. Then dogs get involved, and it becomes a magical play time.

It was a scorcher of a day, and even at 5PM it must have been 90F. Red, a visiting Border Collie, Lucy, my Border Collie, and Millie the Pyr joined me on the trek.

Red, checking that he's going the right way

Lucy and Millie burrowing into the area I was about to cut

Lucy tucked into a hollow

Millie can't quite get it right...

Perfect!

Red is having none of this resting idea. Here he is trying to leap tall buildings.

Lucy think's it's too hot for that nonsense.

Finally I stopped taking pictures, got the grass cut and loaded, and we headed home. All 3 dogs are in this picture.



No comments: