Sunday, May 18, 2008

Inside Beauties

My Night Blooming Jasmine is blooming. I am so in love with this plant. It's large leaves and delicate blooms, its voracious appetite for water and striving to be a tree all appeal to me. I have one plant I've let grow without pruning that is tall and leggy, and another that has been sheep-pruned a couple times when I've put it outside, so has a much more compact growth pattern. 

Cestrum nocturnum - Night Blooming Jasmine, Queen of the Night. Blossoms during the day.

Blossoms at night. The scent is pervasive, unmistakable, intoxicating.

Two cactus branches that were knocked off parent plants by a wagging Border Collie tail. I stuck them in a small pot, and the small pot in this lovely planter my mother made and painted. I didn't know the colors of the cactus when I planted them. I love the way they match their container.

All of my "Christmas" cacti are blooming right now. They love this house, and I love them. This one is another piece that the dogs broke off, and I dutifully stuck in a new pot. This is my reward.

No comments: