Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Getting Hay


My life seems to revolve around hay. My friend and neighbor just got a pickup load for me, and we are about to unload it into the shed.

I have a huge van with rear seats removed that I use for a farm vehicle.  I get hay from a local large farm, with a fairly large crew. One of the guys has to pretzel himself into my van, and then solve the Rubik Cube puzzle of getting as many very heavy, very large bales of hay to fit in. Needless to say, it isn't their favorite task.

The other day I pulled in at the shop/office, and started walking to the side door. At the corner of the building I almost ran into the two men who most often load my hay. They were sneaking around the corner to see if the van they saw was mine. It was one of those moments you wish you had on video.  They said if it was me they were going to pull the fire alarm, but I'd foiled their plans. We were all laughing hysterically, it made my day. It's great to work with a group of fun-loving people.  

No comments: