Sunday, May 06, 2012

"Super Moon" minus 1


Last night was very cloudy, so I missed the moon. Sometime during the night I saw it glow from above, still behind the clouds.

Tonight the dogs all started barking, so I opened the door to see what was up. What was up was the moon. A huge golden orb was just beginning to rise, taking my breath away. Coyotes were howling, along with my dogs. I said a silent thank you to them for bringing me out just now.

I watched as the moon rose in golden splendor. The air was filled with frog song. Stars kept popping into view as the  night got darker. The moon kept getting bigger, glowing gold in a completely clear sky.

I don't care that it's a day late. I am grateful for the wolves, the frogs, the moon, the clouds, which all made a magical moment, and brought me out to enjoy the rising moon and to appreciate life in its great complexity.

No comments: