Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Room With a View

Winters are always wet here in the Pacific Northwest, but the storms the past two days have been exceptional. Everything is wet. As I was eating lunch I heard "go away" barking. Looking out the window I saw Millie laying on the hay I'd obviously placed there as a dry bed for her. She was warning the silly pony, who wanted to eat this bedding, that this pile was taken.


The previous day, I felt someone was watching me as I walked past the window. I glanced out to look into the bright, dark eyes of my favorite Pyr, keeping an eye on all she protects.



It was raining so hard I could hardly hear myself think. Looking out the window I saw Zander, keeping an eye on the geese and the road beyond. He sat there in a downpour for at least an hour. He hardly notices the rain, but sits on a platform to keep his butt dry.


1 comment:

Ken said...

Ah! The proverbial "Dog in the Manger".