Saturday, January 14, 2012

In the Middle

I woke to rain, which managed to surprise me, although rain is the normal state of weather here in January. A friend who lives 4 miles away and 200 feet higher called to say he had snow. It wasn't even raining here then. When I went out to feed I went up to the top of the hill to see what I could see.


I seemed to be in the eye of the storm. There were clouds all around, as I sat in sunshine.


Whatever direction I looked clouds hovered on the edges.


Dark clouds loomed to the east, the direction snow was reported.


The northern hills already had a coating of snow.

The window of sunshine didn't last, but I enjoyed it while it was here. It is now snowing, and the snow is accumulating. It should be beautiful in the morning, a world of soft white.

1 comment:

Osias said...

wonderful blog. Thank you so much for sharing this.