Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blooms!

Many years ago I adopted a plant while helping clear out a friend's house. I've recently decided it must be a small epiphyllum.



A friend in Boston sent me starts of several epi's this spring. They are growing well, but I fear blooms are still a year away.

I've become totally enamored with these plants. The blooms, of course, are stunning - but I like the plants themselves as well. I wish I could slip them into the crotches of trees, as my friends Veryl and Glenn do with their orchids in Hawaii.

Veryl, besides being a fiber artist, has written a soon-to-be-published mystery "Murder Spins a Tale."

1 comment:

Veryl Ann Grace said...

Pretty flower. Somewhere I have a picture of one of ours. I'll have to look for it for you.

Thanks for the links to my blogs.