Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thai Yellow Curry

This is the Thai yellow curry I made for a late lunch. Not bad for stockpiled food after 10 days stuck on property. Sweet potatoes, pumpkin, frozen spinach (I knew I'd find a use for it), cashews and almonds, cabbage (the remainder of a huge head my neighbor's brother gave us), apple, garlic, yellow curry paste and canned coconut milk. Yum. Served over rice.


What prompted me to make this was I ran out of dog food.

I put a huge pot of rice on to use as a base for a dog-concoction. It smelled so good cooking, I thought maybe I should eat some of it myself. What do you do with rice? That led to digging through all my supplies, and this is what I came up with. 

The dog's mix isn't nearly as exciting, I'm not sure they'll like it. The best thing in it (from a dog's point of view) is chicken broth. And egg, of course. We'll see. I'm letting them get good and hungry before I spring it on them. The chickens enjoyed the leftover rice.

We are all hoping the snow melts down some more by tomorrow. I had hoped to get out today, but the road consists of a very slippery, dense, slightly thicker than slush icy layer about 4 inches thick. Very slick. I'm sure I could get out, but I don't think I'd make it up again. Tomorrow.

No comments: