Sunday, March 27, 2011

Moments


The sky lightened, it looked like the rain stopped. I gave it a few minutes, then decided it was time. I gathered up my tack, set it out on the fence, grabbed the halter and brush and went down to get a horse.

The hill was incredibly wet, muddy and slippery, so even on the way down I was having second thoughts. Both horses came up to me for attention and brushing. I had just started grooming the second horse when the sky darkened again. Soon big drops were hindering my work. And then it poured. Both horses stuck with me, being willing to stand in the rain to get the attention. What could I do but stand in the rain and give it?

So not trying out my new tack today. At least I was able to get a little grooming time in, and lots of horse snuggles. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: